The Delaware articles of organization form allows a person to form a limited liability company. Due to the propections Delaware offers it is one of the most popular States to create a company. The filing fee is $90 for domestic and $200 for foreign entities and all payments must be made and sent to the Secretary of State’s office.
- Check Name Availability – It is common among most applicants to check with the business database to make sure the name selected does not coincide with another on file.
How to File
Step 1 – Download and complete one of the following forms;
- Domestic – For all companies that will be located inside the State
- Foreign – For all companies located outside the State seeking to do business in Delaware
Step 2 – Pay the fee and make payable to the Secretary of State;
- Domestic – $90
- Foreign – $200
Step 3 – Fax to 1(302) 739-3812 (Use Cover Sheet) or mail to the following address;
Delaware Division of Corporations
401 Federal Street – Suite 4
Dover, DE 19901
- EIN Number – If you are looking to make a bank account in the name of your company be sure to retrieve an EIN number from the IRS.
- LLC Operating Agreement – To protect yourself, make sure to download and complete an Operating Agreement which not only protects you from other members but also if you are a sole proprietor it helps prove your entity status as a taxable entity.