Download the Florida bill of sale forms that allow a person to transfer the ownership of a boat (vessel) or vehicle located within Florida. The new owner must keep an original for title and for registration with the DMV office (See Nearest Office).
How to Register a Vehicle
The following forms and documents will be needed when registering a vehicle with the dept. of motor vehicles in Florida:
- Have the vehicle bill of sale fully complete including the seller’s section filled in with signature – Also must include the VIN and Odometer Disclosure Form
- Title along with the transfer of title including:
- Purchaser’s name and address
- Date of sale
- Selling price
- Date of mileage
- Signature of seller(s) and printed name(s). If sellers’ names are joined by
- “and”, both sellers must sign.
- Purchaser’s signature and printed name
- Complete the HSMV 82040 – Certificate of Title Without Registration
- Proof of Insurance – A card, policy, or binder number is accepted
- 6% sales tax on the purchase price
- Blank check for fees