Download the Michigan LLC articles of organization form which acts as an application to starting a new company. Send the application to the Secretary of State’s office along with the $50 filing fee.
- Always check the business database (LARA) in order to make sure the name you select for your company is unique has not been registered to date.
How to File
Step 1 – Fill in one of the following articles of organization forms;
- Domestic (Form 700) – For all companies that will be located in the State.
- Domestic Professional (Form 701) – For the following occupations; dentist, an osteopathic physician, a physician, a surgeon, a doctor of divinity or other clergy, or an attorney-at-law.
- Certificate of Authority (Form 760) – For all out of State companies seeking to conduct business in Michigan.
Step 2 – Write a check for the filing fee of $50 and send with the form to;
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Corporations, Securities & Commercial Licensing Bureau
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
- Phone – 1(517) 241-6470
- Hours: 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M.
- If you are looking to open a bank account after approval of the company an Employment Identification Number will need to be applied for. You can apply at the IRS Website.
- If you have partners in your company or want to protect your business tax status as being a separate entity it is always recommended to fill out an operating agreement.