To apply for an LLC pursuant to Statute 322B-115 in Minnesota, an applicant needs to complete the articles of organization in paper form or fill it out online. The filing fee is $155 (Foreign is $205) and is to be paid online or by mail to the ‘Minnesota Secretary of State’.
- Search Business Database – Make sure the entity name you select has not already been used. Check the database for any duplicate or similar names.
How to File
- Option 1 – Apply Online – An applicant may apply online and after completing all the necessary questions pay the fee of $155 (foreign is $205) by credit card.
- Option 2 – Printable Application – Complete on your computer or fill in by hand after printing.
Attach filing fee of $135 for domestic and $205 for foreign entities and send to;
Minnesota Secretary of State – Business Services
Retirement Systems of Minnesota Building
60 Empire Drive, Suite 100
St Paul, MN 55103
- Get an EIN Number which will allow a company to register a bank account.
- Complete an operating agreement that will protect you against other members or your entity status if it is ever challenged.