The employee write-up forms is for either warning or handing out disciplinary action against an employee for violating a rule or code of conduct within the company. Typically the manager or higher level co-worker will issue the mandate stating the employee’s warning or disciplinary action that will be issued towards them and in the worst case being fired or let go.
How to Write
Step 1 – Download one of the following forms;
- Action Form – For the use of issuing a statement of punishment to the employee and stating the action that will be taking place against them.
- Disciplinary Notice – For stating a disciplinary action against the employee although maintaining their role and position in the company.
- Warning Notice – Issuing a notice that states what the employee did wrong and what the actions will be taken against them if it is done again in the future.
Step 2 – After downloading the individual may choose to complete the form either handwritten after printing or on their computer in Adobe PDF. The document must contain the following;
- Employee Name
- Manager Name
- First Warning/Second Warning/Other
- Behavior Action(s)
- Details of Unsatisfactory Behavior
- Corrective Actions to be Taken by the Employee (if any)
- Deadline for Corrective Actions
- Follow-up Meeting
- Employee and Manager Signatures
Once complete both parties should be given an original copy of the signed form.