The Montana articles of organization is a document that allows a person to be able create an LLC with the Secretary of State. Attach the filing fee of $70. The processing time is around 5 to 7 days and the completed formation will arrive in the mail on the address provided. An applicant may expedite the process by attaching an additional $20.
- When completing, it is recommended that an applicant check the name database to ensure that the company name selected has not been previously taken.
How to File
Step 1 – Fill Out Application – The articles of organization form must be completely filled in to be accepted.
- Domestic – For a standard company that will have it’s principal place of business in Montana
- Domestic Series
- Foreign – For a standard company located outside the State looking to setup a place of business or make transactions in Montana
- Foreign Series
Step 2 – Attach Fee – There is a filing fee of $70 that must be payable to the Montana Secretary of State.
- If it is a Series LLC there is a required fee of $50 per member.
- Expedite within twenty-four (24) hours by adding $50.
Step 3 – Send in Mail – The form plus the attached fee must be sent to the following address:
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 202801
Helena, MT 59620-2801
If have any questions about our formation, you may call 1(406)444-3665.
- Apply for an EIN Number – If you are going to be opening a bank account or conducting financial activity in the near future a taxpayer identification number is required.
- An operating agreement allows partners within a company to legally protect themselves. If a single member, the form is also used to help tax entity status and prove to any outside parties that the business is a separate entity.